Barton Supply is looking for technically skilled candidates with excellent attention to detail for the position of Forklift Operator. Forklift Operators are responsible for optimizing loads to ensure operational efficiency, scheduling vehicles for maintenance and repairs.
Forklift Operators will need to transport valuable items, requiring diligence and good hand-eye coordination.
Forklift Operator Responsibilities:
- Loading, unloading, shipping and receiving warehouse items.
- Transporting materials to different locations within the facility.
- Optimizing loads to ensure operational efficiency.
- Securing loads to machine before transportation.
- Inspecting for damages to vehicles.
- Scheduling vehicles for maintenance and repairs.
- Operating and managing technical equipment.
- Picking and wrapping orders for shipment.
- Identifying workplace safety hazards.
- Adhering to safety management standards.
- Adhering to production schedules.
- Other job duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Forklift Operator Requirements:
- Valid fork-lifting certificate.
- Able to work required shift starting at 1:00 PM
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Proficiency operating technical machinery
- Good physical condition.
- Mathematical aptitude.
- Good organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Pay based on experience.
- Generous benefits package including healthcare, PTO, and 401k.
- Company-paid short term and long term disability plans.
- Company-paid life insurance policy for $35K.