Barton Supply, established in 1973, specializes in steel fabrication and distribution of concrete construction related materials. With 4 locations and 210 employees, we are a leader in the Colorado Market. Kodiak Building Partners, our corporate partner, operates 28 companies in 18 states.
The HR Manager provides strategic leadership and involvement in the administration of HR functions including; employee relations, benefits & compensation, workforce planning & recruitment, organizational development, payroll processing & compliance, and training & culture development. Experience supporting both hourly associates and salaried employees in a fast-paced warehouse & fabrication environment is a must. This position will have 1 direct report, will work closely with department managers and team supervisors, and participate with the Barton leadership team to build on our company’s culture and values. The position will also partner with HR corporate functions to support Kodiak processes.
- High level of focus on staffing and retention of hourly associates, working closely with hiring managers to continually fine tune the process and improve quality of hires.
- Develop job descriptions, post job openings, screen candidates and support hiring mangers to determine the best potential hire for a position.
- Oversee new hire offer processes and partner with managers and supervisors during the on-boarding period to integrate new hires into the company.
- Act as a coach to managers and supervisors to influence behaviors that align with goals that best support our growing business.
- Recommend employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Counsel managers and supervisors on employment issues and advise on steps of progressive discipline within the company.
- Direct the investigation of employee conduct as needed and present facts and recommendations to leadership for alignment of proper resolution to issues.
- Must have the ability to make recommendations that effectively resolve emotional and complex problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent standards, practices., policies, regulation or government law.
- Assist with the administration of company health and safety programs including workers compensation programs.
Payroll & Benefit Administration:
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of weekly payroll.
- Perform all activities necessary to process payroll, including maintenance of related records, filing tax reports, employee payroll deductions, processing involuntary deductions such as levees and garnishments, documenting and updating payroll procedures, and preparing special reports for management.
- Manage and administer benefit programs and compliance reporting (health insurance, disability programs, 401k) and provide orientation & training to employees. Assist with employee claim issues.
- Comply with all existing governmental and labor reporting requirements related to EEO, ADA, FMLA, ERISA, DOL, and maintain minimal company exposure to lawsuits.
- Protect the interest of employees and the company in accordance with company human resource policies and governmental laws and regulations.
- Assist with company-wide process of organizational development that addresses issues such as succession planning, workforce development, employee retention, organization design, and change management.
- Assist with employee communication and feedback through such avenues as company meetings, suggestion programs, employee satisfaction surveys, newsletters, employee focus groups, and internal communication systems.
- Help monitor the organization’s culture and support the attainment of company goals and employee satisfaction.
- Must be an approachable team player.
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the Company.
- Ability to work comfortably and successfully under pressure and handle multiple highly sensitive issues and competing priorities.
- Must be willing to occasionally travel and work extended hours that will support the business needs at branch locations and 2nd shift employees.
- Proven working experience as an HR manager.
- In-depth knowledge of labor laws and best HR practices.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in an HT Generalist capacity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources management or a related field.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish is a plus.